6 Tips for New Moms Going Back to Work | Northern VA Baby Photographer
As an expert in baby photography in the McLean, VA area, Mindy understands the challenges of being a working mom. If you are planning on working outside the home, here are a few tips from her experience as well as a terrific article in Cloudmom.com:
1. Efficiency will be your best friend both at work, where you will want to get things done as efficiently as possible so you can get home, and at home where you want to spend time enjoying your baby when you return home at the end of your day. Prioritizing your work in either location will make life easier and smoother. Do what you can, when you can. Don’t sweat the small stuff and be realistic with your expectations. There isn’t such a thing as a Supermom!
2. You will probably be missing your child far more than she or he is missing you. Babies don’t have the same sense of time that we do. So, while you’re at work watching the clock (while trying to be efficient), they’re elsewhere being a baby and enjoying their day.
3. Practice patience. Be patient with everything, but especially yourself. It will take time to adjust to your new life back at work as a mother. You have to expect a few mistakes and lessons along the way. That’s okay. All moms have “been there, done that” at some point! Remember, again, there’s no such thing as a Supermom!
4. Practice acceptance. Not everything will work out as you planned (or hoped) – such as an unexpected work trip for you or your spouse. Just go with it. Learn to say no, and ask for help when needed. There’s a reason there’s the adage, “It takes a village to raise a child.”
5. Guilt: Feeling guilty for being at work doesn’t help you or your baby, especially if you need that paycheck or want to continue your pre-baby career. Put the guilt aside!
6. Lastly, the most important piece of advice we can offer you as newborn photography experts, and Mindy as a mother, is this: At the end of the day, nothing else matters but your baby and your family. Spend time with your baby when you arrive home. Everything else can wait. They’ll be leaving for college before you realize it!
If you’d like us to do your baby photography, including newborn photography, we would be happy to discuss our work. Our studio is located near the McLean, VA area, and we serve clients throughout the Northern Virginia area.
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located near McLean, VA in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments