The Ideal Third Trimester Checklist | Northern VA Maternity Photographer
We recently came across an interesting checklist, and it got us thinking as a Waterford, VA newborn photographer. Given that we work with so many women in their third trimester of pregnancy for their maternity portraits, we thought a Third Trimester Checklist could be quite handy!
• Wash and organize baby clothes.
• Stock up on frequently used items such as diapers and wipes.
• Organize nursery, keeping frequently used items like diapers and wipes close at hand.
• Make any purchases you’ll need when baby arrives if you haven’t received them from your registry.
• Make sure you know how to use a breast pump.
Around the house:
• Baby-proof the house – even if a walking toddler is still a long way off.
• Prepare and freeze meals for those early days home from the hospital.
• A good cleaning of your home is always a good idea to get ahead of what’s to come.
• Consider purchasing non-toxic cleaning products and gentle laundry detergent.
• Do you know various routes to the hospital in case of traffic?
• Have you signed up for maternity and parenting classes?
• Have you spoken with your health insurance about the covering of your delivery and hospital stay?
• Have you tried on and purchased nursing bras?
• Pack a hospital bag and include any necessities such as toiletries and nursing bras and pads.
• Download helpful apps such as for breastfeeding, timing contractions. Don’t forget a GPS map!
• Select a pediatrician after asking around for recommendations.
• Write and send your thank-you notes for baby gifts.
• Pick out birth announcements. (Your maternity and newborn photographer can help you with this!)
• Practice installing a baby car seat. (This could take a few tries!)
• Practice opening and closing a stroller if you’re unfamiliar with it. (This, too, can take a few tries.)
• As a baby photographer, (of course) we suggest doing your maternity portraits in your last trimester, between 32 weeks and 36 weeks!
• Schedule your newborn portraits.
• Speak to your attorney about a will and selecting guardians.
• Consider child care options and begin visiting sites or interviewing caregivers.
• Do you know good baby sitters experienced with newborns for date nights in the first months?
As a Waterford, VA newborn photographer working with both maternity and newborn photography clients, we always encourage our clients to plan for tomorrow but enjoy today. Motherhood will be one of the most glorious times of your life!
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer, Newborn Photographer
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located near the Waterford, VA area in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments