Memory or Shadow Box for the Baby | Northern VA Newborn Photographer
We love working with expectant moms! Moms-to-be are beautiful! It’s one of the most fun aspects of our business. Professional pregnancy photos in the Brambleton, VA area bring us into regular contact with excited moms-to-be. These women are perfectly glowing, but most of all, they’re excited about their baby’s arrival! Throughout our portrait sessions, we usually talk about a variety of exciting and often diverse topics. One of these conversations led to the idea of a creating a memento display box of very special items from a baby’s first year. We love this idea and want to share it with you as well.
There are so many variations you can do with this idea, so just let your creativity take over! We’ve put together some tips below. Before you read them, however, try clicking on this nifty Google search to view a plethora of creative memento or shadow boxes others have created for their babies! We love so many of them it is hard to pick favorites.
Before you get all Martha Stewart and start creating a memento box for your baby, here are few things to consider first:
* What would you like put into your box?
* Do you want any pre-birth items included in the box such as an ultrasound picture, a picture of you and your partner or a picture from your maternity photography session?
* Would you prefer to include tokens representing your baby’s first days in this world such as the birth announcement, newborn booties and outfit they wore upon leaving the hospital, their baby bracelet from the hospital or hospital swaddling blanket? The possibilities are many.
* You could wait and collect special mementos throughout your baby’s first year. You can use those items to build a box in honor of their first year of life. If you choose a first-year memento box, it’s important to be especially selective due to limited space — unless you opt to purchase an extra-large shadow box. One recommendation is to create a list of items as you think of them or as they present themselves. You can then use that list to help you cull down to a final selection of mementos.
* Lastly, but very importantly, you should select items of significant emotional value. Consider that an object with significance today might not be as important in the future. Choose items with emotional value you’ll remember and be able to share in the future.
Once you have made your decision as to what type of memento box you would like to create, then you can begin putting together your collection of items! Now you can be as creative as you want!
If you haven’t scheduled a professional pregnancy photo session (also know as maternity portrait session), and you live near the Sterling, VA or Brambleton, VA areas, call us to schedule your session. We’re sure you’ll enjoy working with us and we know we’ll love to meet you!
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer, Professional Pregnancy Photos
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located near Brambleton, VA in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments