Preparing for your Newborn Portrait Session | Northern VA Newborn Photographer
In the timeline of life, a newborn’s first days are but a brief blip. However, as fleeting as they are, they also are significant. We understand this as parents ourselves and as photographers specializing in family and newborn photography across Northern VA, including Ashburn, VA. It’s important to seize these brief moments during the baby’s first 7 days of life!
So, we thought we’d offer some important tips and tricks for parents of newborns – whether you’re scheduling professional portraits with us or snapping your own.
• Schedule your professional Newborn Portrait Session as early as possible. Get on the photographer’s calendar around your due date, and once the baby is born, the date-certain can be arranged.
• Try to schedule your baby’s photo session around their nap and feeding routine. If at all possible, feed them before you leave home as it allows them and their tummies to settle, reducing fussiness and spit-up.
• Don’t come empty-handed if you’re coming to our studio! Bring that all-important diaper bag with essentials including several outfits.
• A fussy infant can be challenging at any time. It is important to bring essential items to comfort your infant including a favorite blanket, pacifier, diapers, wipes and anything necessary for feedings.
• Before you leave home, attach the diaper a little loosely to avoid lines around your baby’s waist for those precious naked photos of baby!
• We encourage the parents to be part of the Newborn photos! It’s makes for a beautiful and profound portrait to see your tiny baby held in your arms, whether in Mommy’s feminine arms, or in Daddy’s big, strong hands.
• We offer a Bebe Coterie Baby Plan to capture a baby’s milestones throughout their first year. Schedule those sessions ahead of time.
• We offer numerous fine art products to display your beautiful and precious portraits. We also print all of our portraits on archival-quality materials rated to last 100 years plus.
• Bring any family heirlooms (a rattle, an inherited baby blanket, a framed portrait of a deceased grandparent) you’d like in the baby’s portrait. These make the portraits even more sentimental and important as a legacy.
• Days before your portrait session, we will discuss outfits and poses for your child. No worries! By the time you arrive, you’ll be ready to go!
• If you have a favorite beanie or hat for your baby, bring it! Any other favorite outfits, bring them along just in case!
If you are searching for a skilled team specializing in fine art newborn photography in the Northern VA and Ashburn, VA areas, you’ve landed in the right place. Call Ever After for more information and to schedule your session!
Newborn Photography, Baby and Newborn Photographer
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby and newborn photography team located in Northern Virginia, near Ashburn, VA. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments