10 Tips for a Health Pregnancy | Northern VA Newborn Photographer
Life is not one dimensional. If you’re going to live a full life, you have to think and live profoundly. Our photography work is no different. To produce quality portraiture for our clients throughout the Northern Virginia area, including Broad Run, VA, we need to be multi-dimensional – we think and work profoundly on behalf of our clients! What does that mean? It means we don’t just take pictures. We invest our time in research and reading to ensure we are knowledgeable about topics related to our clients, as well as our work. For example, we love taking maternity pictures. Naturally, we’re always reading up on all things pregnancy, and a recent article about maintaining a healthy pregnancy caught our attention.
As a baby photographer, we’re always excited about anyone’s pregnancy! Here are some tips from that article to help you feel good during your pregnancy. Remember to always consult your doctor throughout your pregnancy!
10 Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy*
1. Eat well-balanced meals five or six times each day.
2. Take a prenatal vitamin as directed by your obstetrician or midwife.
3. Drink plenty of fluids, at least 8 to 10 glasses each day. But avoid caffeine and artificial coloring.
4. Alcohol? Don’t drink it.
5. Smoking? Don’t do it and don’t allow yourself to be exposed to secondhand smoke.
6. It’s important for your general health to exercise, and it also can help reduce stress. Consider taking a pregnancy exercise class, or you can walk at a moderate pace for at least 15 to 20 minutes every day. Be sure to walk in cool, shaded areas or indoors. You don’t want to get overheated.
7. Get plenty of sleep — at least 8 hours a night. If you’re not sleeping well or have sleep disturbances, take naps during the day and see your physician for advice.
8. Your feet will most likely swell, so wear comfortable, non-restricting shoes. Also put your feet up several times a day to help prevent fatigue and swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
9. Do continue to wear a safety belt while riding in motor vehicles. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the shoulder portion of the restraint should be positioned over the collarbone. The lap portion should be placed under the abdomen as low as possible on the hips and across the upper thighs, never above the abdomen. Also, pregnant women should sit as far from the air bag as possible.
10. Consulting your obstetrician or midwife before taking over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies.
Sources: National Women’s Health Information Center; American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
*These tips should be considered as opinion only. Seek the direct advice of your doctor for any questions or issues you may have regarding your health or the health of others, including your baby.
If you are looking for a multi-dimensional photographer who fully invests in their work on behalf of their clients, we are that photographer! We appreciate the beauty of maternity pictures. If you live in the Broad Run, VA or elsewhere in the Northern Virginia area, call us! We’re ready for you.
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer, Maternity Pictures
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located in Northern Virginia, near Broad Run, VA. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments