Eating for Baby and You! | Northern VA Newborn Photographer
As women and mothers, we enjoy doing maternity photos with mommies-to-be throughout Northern Virginia, including Leesburg, VA and Sterling, VA. We know what they’re experiencing and we can relate. We often end up chatting about their pregnancies, and it brings back a lot of special memories.
The nine months of pregnancy are a miracle to be enjoyed even when you’re not enjoying it so much! Remember, you’re growing a baby inside of you! Focus on your child and what you can do to keep this a healthy and happy pregnancy. As a Northern Virginia newborn photographer, we see the results of many pregnancies – the adorable and precious newborns we photograph after those nine months!
Here are a few things to keep in mind during your pregnancy:
• What you eat matters tremendously as your body changes. Yes, you will gain weight, but you need to increase it by consuming healthy foods. Do your reading, and consult your OB/GYN about foods and vitamin supplements while pregnant.
• There are at least eleven foods and beverages that experts recommend avoiding during pregnancy. It’s vital to avoid these foods or significantly decrease their consumption. This video lists those foods, some of which might surprise you.
• Start taking a prenatal vitamin-mineral supplement including folic acid. Ask your doctor what she/he feels you need. Ask about choline, as researchers now believe that it is an essential nutrient while pregnant.
• Your doctor will keep an eye on your iron, calcium, and vitamin D as your pregnancy progresses.
• Learn more about nutrients by clicking on this link.
• Pregnancy is not the time to go on a diet. It could be potentially hazardous to you and your baby. Learn more here about appropriate weight during pregnancy. It’s important to discuss your weight gain and proper nutrition with your doctor.
• Eat smaller but more frequent meals especially as your pregnancy progresses. You’ll feel more comfortable, avoid heartburn and indigestion. However, listen to your body and eat nutritional snacks if you’re hungry between meals. For those with a sweet tooth, it is possible to find some great recipes that will allow you to satisfy a sweet craving while still eating healthy.
Toward the end of your pregnancy, we recommend you have maternity photos taken. Capture that baby bump not too long before the baby arrives. One day, that baby will enjoy seeing him or her self “inside” Mommy’s belly! If you live within the Washington Metropolitan area, including Northern VA, and Leesburg, VA or Sterling, VA, we would love to reserve a portrait session date for you!
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer, Maternity Photos
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located in Sterling, VA, near Leesburg, VA in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments