Your kids will enjoy their session with us! | Northern VA Baby Photographer
We love children which is why we love our work as a child photographer in the Dulles, VA area. And, that’s all good news because we have the philosophy that if you’re fortunate enough to work in a field you have a passion for, you will be all the better at it! So, trust us when we tell you not to worry too much about your children during their portrait session. Let us handle directing your children because they’re more likely to listen to us than you!
Put children in front of a stranger and camera equipment and there’s a pretty good chance they’ll be very excited. There’s also a chance that they might not behave as you wish they would! But no need to fear or feel embarrassed. With almost two decades of photography experience under our belt, we’ve probably seen it all!
Our experience has taught us:
• We know how to establish a rapport with your children and engage them before we even start the session whether it’s newborn photography or a family portrait session.
• If we try to “corral” them into doing something too early in the session, it could backfire.
• We talk to them. We look at them. We encourage them. We engage them. We relate to them. And it usually works!
•If you think your child will be frightened in any way by our equipment, let us know and we’ll talk them through it. If they’re interested, we’re happy to discuss our equipment with you.
• We are successful with children because we relate to them and they know it and feel it. That tends to make them far more responsive to us.
• When parents try to pose the children or stop them from doing something, there’s a more than like chance the child will push back during the session. So resist the temptation to direct your children during the portrait session!
• Let us handle your children because we know just the precise moment to shoot the photo and how to maneuver them for the shots. It’s what we do all day!
• Lastly, we will never push your child to do something they don’t want and we will never risk their safety in any way. We make their sessions enjoyable! We want them to look forward to their next session with Ever After!
Capturing beautiful portraits of children is one of the great joys of being a child photographer in Dulles, VA. As parents ourselves, we also know that these pictures become treasured heirlooms for us as our children grow and separate from us. We hope that you will consider documenting your child’s life through fine art photography!
You might also enjoy this post:
What if my kids won’t sit still for our portrait session?
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer, Child Photographer
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located in Dulles, VA in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments