5 Fun Things To Do as a family with a baby this Summer in the DMV | Northern VA Baby Photographer
Our baby photography in the Potomac Falls, VA area comes with the bonus of getting to spend time with our tiniest clients during their portrait sessions! When they are not having their portraits taken, however, there are many things our little clients and their “chaffeurs” can do this summer in the surrounding communities of D.C., Northern Virginia, and Maryland.
Here are 5 fun family ideas from our portrait photography studio for Mom and Dad to do with the baby:
1. The movies. Can you really take a baby to the movies?! Yes, you can! Some area movie theaters offer movies that welcome and accommodate little ones. Check out these:
Silver Babies in Silver Spring, MD.
Cry Baby Matinee: The Angelika Theatre in Fairfax hosts a weekly Cry Baby Matinee for families with young children.
2. The Zoo. When the weather is good, head outdoors to view some wildlife at the National Zoo. Bring your stroller and enjoy the animals – as well as the exercise of pushing the stroller!
3. See all the fishies! If the weather isn’t to your liking, then head indoors to enjoy the aquatic life at the National Aquarium in Baltimore. You’ll need a baby carrier rather than a stroller as strollers aren’t allowed, but you’ll love introducing your child to underwater life.
4. Barnyard animals. If your little ones prefer barnyard animals, then head to the National Park Service’s Oxon Cove Park and Oxon Hill Farm for some farm-style fun.
5. Tour a museum. Don’t hesitate to visit a museum with a small baby. It’s never too early to introduce a child to great art; and pushing a stroller around a museum – especially on a slow visitor day – is a great way for the parent to enjoy themselves as well. You can plan on enjoying the museum’s cafe, too, so pack your baby’s lunch or a snack.
We hope you enjoy the many bounties of the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and DC area! There’s much to offer families with young children. If you’d like to schedule your next family portrait, newborn portraits, or baby photography, please contact our studio near Potomac Falls, VA.
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located in Sterling, VA in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments