Photography Tips & Tricks for Busy Moms | Northern VA Baby Photographer
Are you trying to do better when it comes to your own baby photography and snapshots? As fine art baby photographers in the Cascades, VA area, we know that photographing your children can be a bit challenging! We have been doing children’s photography (and we’re moms!) long enough to have learned a few tricks and tips to share with you. But remember, we’re always here to take professional fine art portraits of your little angels when you want something special and lasting.
HOME PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS
• Always be ready! Have your camera charged and easily accessible – the same goes for your camera phone. Anticipating the possibility of a great moment makes for a great candid photo. It’s usually candid photography which best captures children’s personalities in action and shining bright! If you’re doing a home “photo session” and want to set the stage for a great photo, you’ll still need to anticipate the shot and what your child might do while you’re watching.
• Have fun! You know your child, so you know what to expect from them. More than anything, have fun while taking the pictures especially if you’re attempting something particular and need your child to pose. The more serious you are, the less likely they might be to cooperate. But, again, you know what works for your kids!
• Be patient. You’re a parent, and you surely know the value of patience when it comes to dealing with children and babies of any age. Remember that when you most want or need your child to sit or model for you, is when they’re least likely to obey you. Anticipate that sort of behavior, and you’ll be more liable to get better snapshots — and maintain your sanity!
• Look ‘em in the eyes! If you’re shooting a child and you’re shooting from your eye level, guess what? You’re shooting down at them and shrinking your child in the image. Unless it is an effect you want, for the best photo and angle, squat down to their level. Whatever your child’s age or size, whether they’re standing or sitting, get down to their eye level before you shoot.
• Let There be Light. Whenever possible, especially if you are an inexperienced photographer, make use of the natural light available to you. But if you don’t have enough natural light, make sure to use your flash whether it’s on your camera or your phone. Remember that if you’re shooting into the sun, their faces will be darkened unless you turn that flash on!
We hope these tips help you with your at-home snapshots!
Pictures taken by Mom or Dad can be perfectly beautiful. For a special and unique portrait, though, have your newborn and baby photography done by a professional fine art photographer and elevate that imagery to another level entirely. Memories captured through professional photography will live on for generations because we print all of portraits on archival-quality materials. Our indoor and outdoor studios are in Cascades, VA in Northern Virginia. We hope you’ll contact us to discuss your newborn and baby photography!
Baby Photography, Baby Photographer
Ever After Baby Portraits is comprised of Mindy Belcher and Joriana Belcher Anderson, a mother-daughter baby photography team located in Sterling, VA in Northern Virginia. We specialize in timeless and emotive fine art family portraits, including newborn and baby portraits. Family means everything and capturing those precious moments to preserve forever will mean family heirlooms for you to share for years to come.
Mindy & Joriana – Contact Us!
Powered by Facebook Comments